Tuesday, June 07, 2005

3 Things (The Cool and The Crap)

Middle Aged White Guys have a reputation for complaining about things and I'm no exception. Ask me to name 3 things that suck and I would have no problem naming 9:
  1. Credit scores
  2. The Dish Network 921 DVR
  3. The AC system on 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokees
  4. The Windows OS
  5. Prescription drug prices
  6. Prescription drug advertisements
  7. Prescription drug profits
  8. Ratio of drug company research dollars to advertising dollars
  9. Banks
I hope to complain at length about these subjects, and more, in future posts. However, by the time one gets to Middle Age it is clear that doing nothing but complain is not healthy, so here are 3 products that I have found to be very cool, meaning, in this case, they manage to work very well while breaking new ground:
  1. Treo 600 and 650 (the photo in the upper right of this page was taken with a Tree 600)
  2. Apple iPod (the real ones--not the Shuffles--make CD players seem so limited)
  3. Firefox web browser (tabbed browsing's now the only way for me to work the web)
Note: I am not employed by any of the makers of the above products. Come to think of it, I'm not employed by anyone but myself.

Stephen

No comments: