Monday, August 04, 2008

Laptops in Peril at the Airport

My brother, Mike, has been busy this week, responding to questions about the latest Ponemom Institute survey, which suggests a heck of a lot of laptops are separated from their owners at airports. He did more than a dozen radio interviews in one day!

I've worked with Larry Ponemon in the past and he does a pretty mean survey. So if he says 3,800 computers go missing each week from Europe's 24 busiest airports, I'm inclined to believe that's the case. An even more shocking finding is that more than half of these laptops are never retrieved. People traveling with their laptops should take note.

One of the first things I do when I get a new laptop is tape my business card to the bottom of it (taking care not to block any ventilation ports).

No comments: