Monday, August 05, 2019

Experienced vendor-neutral panelist available to talk cybersecurity, cybercrime, data privacy, and more

Panel discussion at US Small Business Administration annual convention

Need a panelist who talks well with others?

(Updated January, 2024)
 
You have this great idea for a panel discussion at a conference, but to make it work you need great panelists. So you need to find subject matter experts who are experienced panelists, but not currently employed or beholden to any business or vendor.

Well, I could be that panelist, particularly if your panel involves technology risks, like cybersecurity, and adjacent fields like artificial intelligence, the cyber skills gap, cybercrime, data privacy, the digital divide, fraud and public health, and more (see my articles on Medium and LinkedIn).

These days I am a completely independent researcher who is also an award-winning technologist with 40 years of real world experience; and yes, a track record of well-received panel appearances.

So, if you're putting together a panel proposal, or your proposed panel was accepted but now you need panelists, take a look at my areas of expertise. If you think I might be right for your panel, let's discuss - you can reach me on LinkedIn or email scobb at scobb dot net.

Here are some of my areas of expertise and interest:
  • Cybercrime and cybercrime metrics
  • Cybersecurity education, skills gap, and workforce issues
  • Health harms of digital fraud and scams
  • Cyber-war and cyber-conflict
  • Data privacy and data abuse
  • New technology = risks and attacks (e.g. AI, IoT)
  • Public-interest technology and public policy related to the above
Here is me on video:

1 comment:

Hacking Blogs said...

Hi! I just wish to offer you a big thumbs up for your great info you have right here on this post. I will be coming back to your site for more soon.